HK Brand Expert Pty Ltd hereon referred to as Brand Expert
Brand Expert implements the Google Analytics Advertising Features which makes
use of first and third-party cookies and identifiers together.
You can opt out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features that Brand Expert uses through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps or any other available means.
Click here for Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
We understand that our clients require samples in order to close a deal.
Brand Experts sample policy is as follows:
- Samples are available for purchase and collection from our Johannesburg branch.
- Samples with an individual product price of less than R30 excluding VAT may not be returned.
- Samples with an individual product price of R30 excluding VAT or more may be returned for a refund or credit.
- Memory sticks may not be returned for credit. We recommend purchasing dummy memory stick samples.
- Samples must be returned in original condition as well as original packaging so that a refund/credit can be ensured.
- It may take up to a week to carefully check samples that are returned and once we are satisfied that samples are fit for resale we will issue the refund or credit note.
- Damage to any part of sample or packaging will result in samples not being accepted for return.
- Importantly, when returning samples, the original invoice relevant to the samples needs to accompany the returned goods before a credit note will be issued and a refund effected.
- EFT refunds are processed every Friday.
- All orders need to be paid for and collected within 5 working days of invoice date and if not paid and collected within this time, they will be cancelled.
Branding Terms and Conditions
Branding Terms and Conditions
ACCEPTABLE FILE FORMATS: .CDR / .EPS / .AI / .PDF / .FH
- Vector artwork is preferred.
- We accept PC format artwork only.
TIPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE YOUR ARTWORK
- All fonts must be converted to curves to avoid font substitutions.
- Please include font and size if typesetting is requested.
- Artwork for multi-colour imprints should be sent as a colour separated file (exceptions: digital printing).
- Formats we do not accept: Word files, .gif, .jpeg (under 600dpi), Power Point.
- Please forward the electronic artwork directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon written approval of layouts please confirm with your Account Manager that they have received your signoff.
- Brand Expert cannot take responsibility for non-delivery of orders if layout approval is not received.
- Branding will only commence once full payment for stock and branding has been received (where a client is not on payment terms) and artwork has been approved.
- Please note that we do not accept cheques. Credit cards are only accepted on our online stire
- We do not have fax facilities, so please ensure all orders are emailed to email@example.com
- Reminders will be sent out daily if we require either approval or payment from you before commencing with a job. If you have paid for and approved the order and are still receiving these reminders, please contact to ensure that we have received all the relevant information.
- Delivery dates are quoted from the day after artwork approval and receipt of payment – whichever is later.
- Amendments made to proofs will result in a delay to delivery date. Should you require changes, we will issue a new layout for final proofing before production commences.
- Artwork received in the correct format will not be charged for.
- Artwork not received in the correct format will attract a redrawing fee of R250 excluding VAT. This fee will accommodate 2 further changes to the layouts, where after any additional changes will be charged for at R100 excluding VAT per change.
- Branding cancelled after layouts have been generated will be charged for at R200 excluding VAT per layout completed.
- Please sign acceptance of your quotation received. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By signing the quotation, you acknowledge that you have read our terms and conditions set forth in this document.
- Accompany the signed quotation with an EFT proof of payment for the deposit amount stipulated on your quotation.
- Once we have received a signed quotation and deposit, we will commence artwork and layouts for approval
General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- Once stock has been collected/delivered from/by Brand Expert, Brand Expert has no control over it. As such we do not accept responsibility for any damages or shortages not reported within 24 hours.
- Whilst every effort has been made to fulfil all orders correctly, should you take our goods to an external branding company, we ask that you check all items received BEFORE they get branded.
Brand Expert cannot accept returns on incorrect items which have already been branded regardless of whether it’s Brand Expert’s fault or not.
- It may take up to a week to carefully check the stock that is returned and once we are satisfied that stock is fit for resale we will issue the refund or credit note.
- In the case of stock being sent by courier to regions outside of Johannesburg (i.e. Durban, Cape Town etc), clients have 72 hours from time of collection by courier, to report missing or damaged items. No claims will be entertained thereafter.
- Once an order for memory sticks has been collected from us, we unfortunately cannot accept a return on it.
- We do not accept returns on discontinued and clearance items.
- We do not accept returns or changes to orders for items that need to be assembled.
- The ETA (estimated time of arrival) dates indicated for stock are updated regularly but due to unforeseen supplier, shipping or customs delays, these dates cannot be guaranteed.
- Day 1 of branding is the day after receipt of both artwork approval and payment (COD clients).
- Lead times exclude weekends, South-African public holidays and Brand Experts annual shutdown period.
- In terms of public health regulations, identified essential products are prohibited for return or exchange due to strict health controls.
- We do not accept cash for any orders since having cash on the premises is a security risk.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa and Debit cards (We do not accept Amex and Diners) on our website shopping cart.
- We encourage EFT’s only.
- Stock will only be released once proof of payment has been received and cleared immediately.
- Payments from outside South Africa take between 4 and 7 working days to clear. Orders will only be released once payment has reflected.
- For orders that require branding, branding will only commence once stock and branding has been paid for in full.
- Please contact email@example.com to confirm that we have received your proof of payment, once payment has been made.
- Brand Expert cannot be responsible for missed deadlines if you have not confirmed that payment has been received.
ORDERS COLLECTED BY COURIER
- Please ensure your couriers collect parcels with waybills and supporting documents.
- Please do not send your couriers to collect orders until you have received an email from Brand Expert notifying you that your goods are ready for collection. Once the emailed invoice is received, your order is ready for collection.
- Please ensure that your courier knows who they are collecting for and how many orders they are collecting. All relevant invoice numbers must appear on the collection form.
- Stock will not be released to couriers until payment is received. Please do not send your courier to collect if you have not effected payment and provided proof thereof to Brand Expert, and confirmed that we have received the proof of payment.
- If your account is in credit, please advise us upfront to use your credit to clear the relevant invoices otherwise your credit will not be used.
- Written orders by email constitute a binding contract and are legally enforceable.
- Once an order to the value of R5000 or more has been emailed or faxed, cancellations prior to collection will be subject to a 15% handling and admin fee provided it has not been branded, otherwise full payment is due.
- All orders need to be paid for within 10 working days of invoice and if not paid within this time, will be cancelled with the relevant cancellation fees.
- Branding will not commence until full payment has been received for COD clients. Any orders not paid for within 10 working days will be deemed to have been cancelled, products will be put back to stock and a 15% handling charge will be levied where the invoice value is R5000 or more.
- In the case of cancelled orders where layouts have been done, a layout fee of R200 excluding VAT per layout will be levied, irrespective of whether we are able to meet your deadline or not, unless the branding deadline has been indicated to your Account Manager upon placement of order.
- For customers who are on account, no cancellation of orders will be accepted once final approval of artwork has been received.
- Orders for clients on payment terms may not be cancelled after sitting on our shelves for 10 working days.
- Collected stock may not be returned, unless unbranded and approved in writing by Management within 48 hours of collection, subject to a 25% handling and admin fee. Please do not return orders without prior written consent from Brand Expert Management. Orders returned without accompanying written consent and corresponding invoice will not be accepted by our returns department.
- Once stock of an item that is on special or discontinued has been collected no returns will be accepted, unless said stock is faulty.
- Cancellation fees need to be paid before further orders will be processed.
- Durban deliveries require 48 hours from the time of dispatch to arrive at the branch (excluding weekends).
- Cape Town deliveries require 48 hours from the time of dispatch to arrive at the branch (excluding weekends).
- Port Elizabeth deliveries require 48 hours from the time of dispatch to arrive at the branch (excluding weekends).
- Bloemfontein deliveries require 48 hours from the time of dispatch to arrive at the branch (excluding weekends).
- Namibia deliveries require 48 hours from the time of dispatch to arrive at the branch (excluding weekends).
- Botswana deliveries require 48 hours from the time of dispatch to arrive at the branch (excluding weekends).
- Deliveries to Namibia and Botswana are only done for clients residing in these areas. Please contact your Account Manager for more detailed information about deliveries to Namibia and Botswana as they have different VAT implications.
- Should you require a guaranteed delivery date, please arrange for your courier to collect the order from Johannesburg. Brand Expert will not be held responsible should the above delivery times not be met, whether through the fault of Brand Expert or the courier company.
DELIVERY SERVICE (BOOKED VIA WEBSITE):
- Deliveries can be booked to destinations within South Africa only.
- Orders will only be dispatched for delivery once all invoices booked on the same delivery are ready for collection. If there are branded orders on the invoices booked for the same all job cards on the invoices must be ready for collection before the order is dispatched for delivery. The lead time for unbranded orders is approximately 24 hours. Lead times for branded orders must be checked with your account manager.
- COD clients: branded orders that include delivery on the invoice will only proceed once the invoice is paid in full (including the delivery cost) and all job cards are approved.
- In cases where the delivery invoice is separate to the invoice/s being delivered, delivery will only take place once the delivery invoice is paid in full and the order/s being delivered are ready for collection. Payment for a delivery only invoice post orders being ready for collection may affect the delivery lead-time.
- Should you require a guaranteed delivery date, please book your delivery accordingly, bearing in mind the total lead-time for the invoice/s you are couriering. Brand Expert will not be held responsible should the above delivery times not be met, whether through the fault of Brand Expert or the delivery service.
- Deliveries must be booked by 1pm in order to leave Johannesburg on that day. Orders booked after 1pm will leave with the next day’s consignments.
- Day 1 of the delivery lead-time is the day after the goods have left Johannesburg.
- Delivery lead-times are dependent on consignment weight, service selected and destination.
- As power banks contain lithium batteries they cannot be overnighted to areas where the overnight service requires that goods be airfreighted.
- Branding lead-times exclude delivery lead-times.
- Delivery cannot be cancelled once the order/s are on a collection shelf.
UNBRANDED BULK ORDERS:
- Unbranded bulk orders will be dispatched the day after both the payment has been received and the branch selection has been updated.
- If you place your order online, you can do so until 23h00 and your order will be dispatched the following day (provided payment is made and the branch delivery selection has been updated by 11h00 the following day).
- Branded orders that are due to be completed at 16h30 will be dispatched to clients the following work day.
- Please send your proof of payment for all orders to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Account Manager will contact you if any unforeseen issues arise.
- Should there be any delays from SAA Cargo, DSV, Triton or The Courier Guy, you will be notified via email.
- Brand Expert will not be held responsible for such delays.
- Please do not attempt collection of an order until you have received the emailed notification stating that your order is now ready for collection.
Display Terms and Conditions:
Display Terms and Conditions:
- Where skins are available for sale as stand-alone items, Brand Expert is able to refit skins onto Brand Expert -purchased hardware at our Johannesburg Office. Should a client request that Brand Expert refit skins, the return of hardware to Brand Expert Johannesburg Head Office will be for the client’s account. Once complete, Brand Expert will notify clients of collection or delivery.
- Refitting of skins by Brand Expert is subject to inspection of the relevant hardware. If the existing hardware is faulty or damaged, Brand Expert will not be able to refit skins.
- If the client is reskinning hardware themselves it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the hardware is not faulty or damaged. Brand Expert cannot be held liable for skins purchased that cannot be fitted properly due to faulty or damaged hardware.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they order the correct skin for the correct display unit.
- Reskinning is specifically tailored to fit to Brand Expert display hardware. Brand Expert cannot be held responsible for any skins purchased to fit third party hardware.
- All artwork must be created in CMYK and Pantone colours must be included as a Pantone solid coated spot within the print file supplied. Please note failing this will result in no colour matching taking place.
- Due to the limited colour gamut of various digital CMYK print methods not all Pantone colours can be achieved. We endeavour to match as close as possible and colour variation will take place on different materials, e.g. PVC versus fabric.
- Fluorescent and metallic Pantones cannot be matched. Only a tonal representation thereof can be achieved.
- Digital Dye Sublimation is not designed for constant, long-term exposure to sunlight.
- Overexposure to sunlight will reduce the longevity of the digital or dye sublimation print.
- We encourage you to take care of the Display fabric and all print media and remove it from direct sunlight at all opportunities.
- Display fabrics purchased from Brand Expert come with a 3-month limited print fade warranty.
- Digital print purchased from Brand Expert come with a 1 year limited print fade warranty.
- It is the responsibility of the client to request additional UV protection for prints, display and signage ordered.
- Please note that Brand Expert always quotes without the additional UV protection and lamination for products required.
DISPLAY REPAIR POLICY:
- Display hardware purchased from Brand Expert comes with a 1 year limited mechanical repair warranty.
- The warranty excludes display hardware that has been mishandled, abused or not used for its intended purpose.
- Display hardware that is under warranty and requires repair must be returned to Brand Expert Johannesburg at the clients own expense. All broken or damaged parts must be included.
- Please note that all costs are estimated until a full site check has been carried out and product specification is confirmed. Prices can change without prior notice or according to the area adjustment and Brand Expert will not be held liable or accountable for these prices variations or increases.
- Completion Depending on the nature and complexity of your order, completion could take up to 15 work days (weekends excluded) from the time artwork is approved. Cognisance must be taken of the fact that inclement weather and Force Majuere may have a bearing on the manufacture and installation date. In the event of delays due to the proposed site not being ready for signage installation, Brand Expert reserves the right to invoice an additional 20% of the invoice amount over the 75% deposit paid. The client will retain the outstanding 5% until final completion of signage installation. It is the responsibility of the client or appointed site project manager to ensure that our installers have access to the site once we have notified you of our on site start date. Should access to the site be denied the installers down time and travel will be charged to the client.
- Should there be any snags after the installation of the signage, we guarantee these will be rectified in 7 (seven) working days, unless there is manufacturing involved. Snags do not entitle the client to withhold payment which is due on completion of installation.
- Any complaints about the signage and or installation MUST be put in writing to Brand Expert within 5 working days from the date of completion. Failing to do so, will constitute your complete satisfaction. The price is inclusive of installation up to and including 6000 mm from the ground level. Over and above this will have to be quoted site specific.
- It is the client’s responsibility and cost to provide primary wiring leading the electrical current to the sign and the final connection between the signage and the primary wiring. It is the client’s responsibility and cost to provide a fireman’s switch for all neon illuminated signage. This is a requirement by law. The quotation is inclusive of digging for foundations required for monolith and related signage assuming normal soil conditions are presented on commencing digging. However we reserve the right to use specialised equipment to excavate rock or similar obstacles should this be deemed necessary. This will be for the client’s account. Brand Expert will, to be best of our ability, make good any paving lifted to effect installation of signage elements. However, it remains the responsibility of the client to get professional paving contractors to re-install any lifted paving.
- The Client shall be responsible for obtaining the permission of the owner of the premises and any municipal or other authority that may from time to time be required for the installation of the sign, and undertakes to comply at all times with the relevant statutory regulation, ordinances and by-laws in force.
- Brand Expert shall without assuming any liability toward the client and without prejudice to its rights assist the client in providing the necessary documents pertaining to Council’s approval. Any Council or Engineer’s fees will be for the client’s account. Ownership passes to the client only on full payment of signage. This Estimate is valid for a period of 14 days, weekends excluded. All prices exclude VAT or design work.
- Any increase in material costs will result in an increase in price on this quote. Any changes to the above quote will render this quote invalid.
- Samples will be invoiced Although every effort will be made to supply exact quantities as ordered, we do reserve the right to over/under supply to complete the order. Quantities supplied will be invoiced. Brand Expert reserves the right to reject any estimates that were calculated in error, were accepted after the valid date, or not signed and accepted according to the conditions provided.
- CONSENT CLAUSE a) The client (and any surety for the client) understands that the personal information given herein is to be used by Brand Expert for the purposes of assessing the client’s credit worthiness. The client confirms that the information given by the client is accurate and complete. b) Brand Expert has the client’s consent and authority at all times to contact and request information from any persons, credit bureaus or businesses that it chooses to obtain any information relevant to the client’s credit assessment including but not limited to, information regarding the amounts purchased from suppliers per month, length of time the customer has dealt with such supplier, type of goods or services purchased and manner and time of payment. c) The client (and any surety for the client) hereby irrevocably indemnify Brand Expert for any claim whatsoever against Brand Expert arising out of the National Credit Act of 2005 (and any amendment thereto) All our terms and conditions of business which will apply to all business transactions with Brand Expert.
FINANCIAL POLICY / TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON QUOTES AND INVOICES:
- The client agrees that (a) this contract represents the entire agreement between the Customer and HK Brand Expert PTY Ltd (herein after called “the Company”), and that no alterations or additions to this contract may be effected unless agreed to by both parties, reduced to writing and signed by both parties, (b) that this agreement will govern all future contractual relationships between the parties; and (c) is applicable to all existing debts between the parties.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges that he has read and understood each term of this agreement and accepts them as binding.
- The client warrants that the signature hereon has been duly authorised to contract on its behalf. 4) The signatory hereby binds himself in his personal capacity as co-debtor in solidum for the full amount due to the Company and agrees that these Standard conditions will apply mutatis mutandis to him.
- The Customer acknowledges that no representations were made by the Company in regard to the product(s) or services or any of its qualities leading up to this contract.
- All quote will remain valid for a period of 14 days from the date of the quote. The validity of any price quoted is subject to any increases in price charged by the Company’s suppliers.
- The Customer hereby confirms that the items and services on invoices duly represents the items and services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer and where performance/delivery/installation has already taken place that the services and goods were inspected and conform to the quality and quantity ordered.
- Any delivery note (carbon copy or original) signed by the Customer and held by the Company shall be conclusive proof that delivery was made to the customer.
- All orders, whereby oral or in writing, will be binding and subject to these standard terms of agreement.
- No guarantees are given on any materials or commodities supplied by the Company. Under no circumstances will the Company be liable for damage arising from misuse or abuse of the product.
- Liability under Clause 7 is restricted to the cost of replacement or repair of defective product(s) or services at the sole discretion of the Company. Under no circumstances will the Company be liable for consequential damages.
- No claim under this contract will arise unless the Customer has given the Company 30 days written notice by prepaid registered post to rectify any defect or breach of contract.
- The customer has no right to withhold payment for any reason whatsoever.
- The customer agrees to pay the amount on the invoice (a) against delivery; or (b) if the Customer is an approved Customer within thirty days of the date of the invoice issued by the Company. Payment must be rendered at the offices of the Company.
- The Customer agrees that the amount due and payable to the Company shall be determined by a certificate issued by the Company and signed on its behalf by any duly authorised person, which authority needs not be proven. Such certificate shall be binding and shall be conclusive proof of the indebtedness of the Customer, and shall be a liquid document for the purposes of obtaining summary judgement herein.
- The Customer agrees that interest on any monies due to the Company shall be subjected to the maximum legal interest rate prescribed by law from the date they fall due.
- The Customer agrees that if an account is not settled in full (a) against delivery; or (b) within thirty days of the date of the invoice in the case of Approved Customers, the Company is: (i) authorised immediately and irrevocably to apply unopposed in the Magistrate’s Court for the judgement against the customer at the sole expense of the Customer, and the customer irrevocably consents to judgement herein, and/or to cancel the agreement and take possession of any goods delivered to the customer.
- In the event of cancellation, The Customer shall be liable to pay (a) the difference between the selling price and the value of the goods at the time of repossession and (b) all other costs incurred in the repossession of the goods. The value of repossessed goods will be deemed to be the value placed on them by any sworn valuator after such repossession and such valuation will be conclusive proof of value.
- All goods supplied by the Company remains the property of the Company until such goods have been fully paid for. The Customer is not entitled to sell any goods unpaid for without prior written consent of the Company. Where commodities or items supplied by the Company are used by the Customer in manufacturing new products, such products are deemed to be the property of the Company until such commodities or items have been paid for, and may be repossessed by the Company.
- The Customer will be liable in advance to the Company for all legal expenses of an attorney and counsel incurred by the Company in the event of any default by the Customer or any litigation in regard to the validity and enforceability of this agreement, on an attorney-client bases. The Customer will also be liable for any collection or valuation fees incurred.
- The Customer agrees that neither the Company or its employees will be liable for any negligent or innocent misrepresentations made to the customer.
- The Customer agrees that no indulgence whatsoever by the Company will affect the terms of this agreement or any of the rights of the Company and such indulgence shall not constitute a waiver by the Company in respect of any of its rights herein. Under no circumstances will the Company be stopped from exercising its rights in terms of this contract.
- The Company shall have the right to institute any action in either the Magistrate’s Court or the Supreme Court at its sole discretion.
- Any document will be deemed duly presented within three days of prepaid registered mail to any of the Customer’s (business or personal) addresses or within 24 hours of being faxed or emailed to any of the Customer’s contact numbers (business or personal) or on being delivered by hand to the Customer.
- The Customer agrees to the standard rates of the Company for any goods or services rendered, which rates may be obtained on request.
- This contract was concluded in Johannesburg, South Africa.
POPI ACT AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION:
POPI ACT AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION:
WHEREAS IT IS AGREED THAT
All parties agree that they will comply with POPI regulations and process all the information and/or personal data in respect of the services being rendered in accordance with the said regulation and only for the purpose of providing the Services set out in the agreement to provide services.
The company (also called the service provider), all the parties to this agreement, the service provider’s employees and the client’s employees and any subsequent party/parties to this agreement acknowledge and confirm that:
- One or more of the parties to this agreement, will possess and will continue to possess information that may be classified or maybe deemed as private, confidential or as personal information.
- Such information may be deemed as the private, confidential or as personal information in so far as it relates to any party to this agreement.
- Such information may also be deemed as or considered as private, confidential or as personal information of any third person who may be directly or indirectly associated with this agreement.
Further it is acknowledged and agreed by all parties to this agreement, that such private, confidential or as personal information may have value and such information may or may not be in the public domain. For purposes of rendering services on behalf of the client, the service provider and any party associated with this agreement and/or any subsequent or prior agreement that may have been/will be entered into, irrevocably agree that “confidential information” shall also include inter alia and shall mean inter alia:
- (a) all information of any party which may or may not be marked “confidential,” “restricted,” “proprietary” or with a similar designation;
- (b) where applicable, any and all data and business information;
- (c) where applicable the parties may have access to data and personal and business information regarding clients, employees, third parties and the like including personal information as defined in POPI regulation; and
- (d) trade secrets, confidential knowledge, know-how, technical information, data or other proprietary information relating to the client/service provider or any third party associated with this agreement and (including, without limitation, all products information, technical knowhow, software programs, computer processing systems and techniques employed or used by either party to this agreement and/or their affiliates.
All parties irrevocably agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out in this agreement as well as you agree and acknowledge that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the service provider and such use may include placing such information in the public domain. Further it is specifically agreed that the service provider will use its best endeavours and take all reasonable precautions to ensure that any information provided, is only used for the purposes of the agreement.
It is confirmed that by submitting information to the service provider, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing, and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.
SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SERVICE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY FAILING WHICH IT WILL BE DEEMED THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT ABOVE
We thank you for reading our Terms and Conditions. Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact your Account Manager in this regard.